What is the average hourly pay for a Grounds Maintenance job? Check out our hourly pay calculator to find out and even look up the average pay in your locale.
We've complied information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you get a better idea of employment in Grounds Maintenance in Orange County.
- Opportunities should be very good, especially for workers willing to work seasonal or variable schedules, because of significant job turnover and increased demand for landscaping.
- Many beginning jobs have low earnings and are physically demanding.
- Most workers learn through short-term on-the-job training.
- This very large occupation requires few skills to enter and each year has one of the largest numbers of job openings of any occupation.
- Most job openings result from the need to replace the many workers who leave these jobs because they provide low pay and few benefits, limited opportunities for training or advancement, and often only part-time or temporary work.
- Most new jobs will occur in businesses providing janitorial and cleaning services on a contract basis.
- A high school diploma is the minimum educational requirement; however, about 4 in 10 workers have either attended college or earned a degree.
- Laws require pest control workers to be certified through training and examination.
- Job prospects should be favorable, especially in warmer climates.
- Workers spend all their time outdoors, sometimes in poor weather and often in isolated areas.
- Most jobs are physically demanding and can be hazardous.
- Little to no change in overall employment is expected.
- Duties vary widely, from raising plants and livestock to inspecting agricultural products at border crossings.
- Farmworkers learn their jobs through short-term on-the-job training; agricultural inspectors and animal breeders require more work experience or a college degree.
- Most farmworkers receive relatively low pay and do strenuous work in all kinds of weather, but many enjoy the rural lifestyle.
- Job openings are expected to be numerous for some types of work.